Saturday, May 19, 2007

INCREDIBLE FINDS...

It seems that lately everybody recommends their favorite products. I, of course, am big on grocery shopping. Mostly, I look for latin markets where I can get my favourite products from South America right here in the States. Sometimes, however, I don't look for anything specific but just love to walk around the supermarket or shops to see what new products are comming out.
This past week, I was at Trader Joe's and I found a sweet treat original from Colombia and decided to give it a try. It is called "Guava Paste Rolls" and the picture showed it on top of cheese and crackers. I had it in my pantry for a few days and finally today I had it with sans crackers on top of a slice of cheddar cheese. It was favolous. It is like a jelly or jam (only a little more stiff) but it isn;t as sweet as strawberries or grape jellies. Is more like a sweet and sour taste. As soon as I put it in my mouth I satrted daydreaming about the incredible combinations and dishes I could use it for. Just to name a few of the ones that crossed through my mind: penut butter and guava sandich/rolls, baked brie with a little guava paste, panna cotta with guava coulis, guava roll with sulce de leche on the inside, etc... mmm... I can just taste those!!!

In any event, I encourage you to look for these little ones and gve them a try! Specially if you are as crazy about sweets as I am....


Another one of my favourite products is called Better'n Peanut Butter. It tastes very similar than the real thing but has only 100 cal. per two tablespoons!!!! Incredible. Of course, I'm a fan of everything creamy that I can indulge in without regrets. Also, when talking about peanut butter it is hard to think of anybody that can put their spoon inside the bottle and not eat more that the suggested serving of one tablespoon.

I usually have this spread with chocolate muffins (one of those that come in 100 cal packs), as topping for ice cream and on top of sweet crackers.

Here is a picture of the product in case you need phisical evidence of my words....

No comments: